There are literally dozens of ways to find motivated real estate sellers but to get your feet wet, I’m going to list five quick ways to find a real estate deal. Most people will read this list and say “yeah right that won’t work” but I’ve followed these techniques and it actually does work.
What do you have to lose in trying anyhow? This gorilla marketing approach gets your name out there and begins your lead generation campaign and gives you on the job experience.
- Make cold calls – pick up your local paper and read through the classified section and look for ads that say “for sale”. Make several calls and see if you can find any motivated sellers.
- Place your own classified ad – you’re essentially putting out some bait in hopes that strong motivated sellers will respond to your ad. You want your ad to be titled “I buy houses”.
- Tack up “I buy houses” signs all around your targeted neighborhood – yeah this method might seem silly but it’s one of the best lead sources you can get working for you.
- Spread the word – let your friends family and anyone else you know understand what you’re doing. Who knows who might be looking to sell the property and could potentially come to you directly.
- Call top realtors in your area – this is actually my favorite method because you make great contacts and establish yourself as a real estate investor. These real estate agents will then contact you when they feel a good deal is available for you.
After you go through this list and try at least one method, let me know how it worked. If you got frustrated and/or nobody was interested or returned your call, don’t give up. Not all real estate investors are sales people so it’s not a natural approach.
The old school methods I listed above can and will work but if you don’t feel it’s right for you that’s ok. With the effectiveness of the internet, you can place ads online, email your friends/family, and fill out a “contact me” form on your top realtor’s websites. This in essence accomplishes the same 5 tactics I described above but in a different more hands off way. Good luck and don’t give up!